View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post
The only reason I'm saying they met is because of the existence of Thousand Days. Stevie could not have written that song about a guy she had never met before coming into a studio for 20 minutes and not saying anything.

"'Thousand Days' was written about my non-relationship with Prince," says Nicks, who had earlier composed "Stand Back" with him - although she notes he's never called her back "to set up his payment on 50%" of the latter. "Days" recounts an abortive, all-night '80s recording session with him at his Minneapolis home during a Fleetwood Mac tour, climaxing with Nicks "smoking my pot - he didn't agree with my lifestyle - and going to sleep on Prince's floor in his kitchen. I like him, but we were just so different there was no possible meeting ground."
~Billboard Magazine, April 1998

One of my favorite Prince songs is 17 Days and I've always thought that there were certain similarities to her Thousand Days and his 17 Days.

I always wondered if the bit

You're the one who's always lonely
But I'm the one
Who's always alone

was about her, because that sounds so like her... she's always going on about how lonely the road is, how lonely her house is, men can't take her lifestyle, etc etc etc.

And
I called you yesterday
You didn't answer your phone
The main drag
Is knowing that
You probably weren't alone

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-03-2016 at 09:54 PM..