View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. HOWEVER, am I the only one that it makes REALLY SAD? I have no idea why anyone would still want to do it after 70, unless you can't afford not to(yeah, I'm talking to you, Mick).
You might be the only one here who feels sad, but that’s ok! Your feelings are valid

Why do it? Because it feels great to be applauded by folks who are happy to see you? Because people can live productive lives after they turn 70? Because they enjoy singing? Because for two+ hours they (and the fans) can forget about the crap going on in the world?

I’m sure you’re right about Jon Bon Jovi”s voice, but if I were a big fan, and I had an attachment to his songs- for example, instead of Landslide striking a chord in my heart, it was Living on a Prayer LOL then yes, I would want to see him live. Especially if it seemed like it could be the last chance to see him live.

I haven’t met anyone here in person or communicated with anyone outside of this board, with the exception of Hawkeye, who sadly doesn’t post here anymore. We were going to see Lindsey live in 2019 but unfortunately he wasn’t able to make it due to the weather (but he generously gave me his ticket which was in the 2nd row and I had the best time, as my ticket was in literally the very back- thank you so much Hawkeye, if you happen to see this)! However, I think it would be fun to see FM with some of you folks, especially since this truly would be the last opportunity we had. Unfortunately, I agree if they did tour, it would be a very limited tour, and I’m not really interested in driving more than 4 hours to see them. Homer, your commentary during the show would be worth the price of admission alone!