View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
You agree with me . . . on what point?
On the point that there was little that was artistically satisfying about the body of work released by the "Mask" band. The band should have done something other than maintain the "Rumours" image.

For me, there were two ways of doing this. The first way, as discussed, would have been to get a contemporary with a name, not too terribly different from the band, but was not so famous as to overpower the group. My two choices would have been Roger McGuinn or, dare I say it, Dave Mason. Either could have come into the situation, rearrange things to suit them a little better, and go on the road. There would have been a buzz, and either would have had the freedom to just be himself.

The other would be to start something altogether new. They could have gotten somebody who had a lot of ideas and the ability to get the band behind those ideas, as well as take the band in a pretty radical new direction. Like Bob did in 1971.

Sadly, they COULD have done it had they just let Billy and Rick be themselves. I was actually hoping that BTM would have had a greater country-blues feel, something along the lines of "Highway 61 Revisited" or "Sticky Fingers."

THE Stephen Hopkins