View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Oh, the fact that his wife is gratified by his wealth/stature certainly helps to massage his sense of ego and accomplishment. She doesn't "challenge" him on anything that truly matters to him.

I know I've made plenty of comments and observations regarding Kristen over the years, but I've never doubted that she is exactly the type of woman he was looking for- blonde, by the numbers, feckless "beauty" who is content to be a rock star wife. This, in turn, brings him great contentment. He's too insecure for any other scenario.
It doesn't seem like she is content to be a rock star wife. Whether it's wise or economical or not, she seems interested in having her own career.

As far as her not challenging him on anything that matters, since she seems to have an equal (or more than equal say) in their home and family life, it seems like the only thing that she doesn't challenge him on is his career and why would she? She's not a musician (her contributions to Did You Miss Me, notwithstanding). And how many unions between two musicians work anyway? You don't have to be an insecure, egomaniac not to be able to forge a lasting relationship with someone whose show business career is just as demanding as yours. If vanity didn't break you up, the schedules would.

So, finding someone outside of that arena seems to work best for most rock stars, not just Lindsey. It's not like Kristen's staying home being submissive. I think all marriages that thrive do so because each person finds their own niche and complements the other's strengths, while supplementing their weaknesses. Finding someone you can achieve that balance with, without constantly competing or butting heads, is a stroke of luck for anyone, not a sign of insecurity, just because that's what you seek.

Michele