View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

May 2003, in Washington DC. I had TERRIBLE seats, way up in nosebleed. There was a family (?) of drunken redneck types. Aside from the usual 'get up and go get another beer and kick everyone's seat while doing so' sequences, it wasn't anything TOO bad. But after "Big Love", Lindsey got a standing ovation and he screamed out "GET STEYYYVIE BACK UP DER!" And after Never Going Back Again he screamed out something like "Aw SHYEEAH I ain't never not backing up again!" And proceeded to spill beer on me. AND proceeded to laugh about it, until his wife apologized for him. This is why I cannot wait to be on the floor next time around :-)

Next show in DC had me down in better seats next to a couple of nice folks. I went alone (I'm 24 and can't find anyone else to get tickets with me, it kinda sucks) and was striking up conversation with this nice woman. I said "Man I just can't wait to hear 'tusk'" and she kinda flinched. "Wow, that's an obscure one--you must be a real diehard!" And I just smiled. I figured if you're shelling over $100 for seats you'd know a little bit about the band, but she looked like she got her money's worth ;-)

Doo! Do-do-doo! Do-do-do! Do-do-do-do-do-do-do! Do-do-do! TUSK! Doo-doo-DOO-doo...