View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
wasn't sure how to vote, because I'm not convinced the FM album will be wrapped up and released by the close of 2015-

The FM tour doesn't end til midway thru 2015. I envision they will take some sort of short break/vacations and then get back to the album. Knowing how long this stuff always seems to take them, I'd be thrilled to bits if they get the RECORDING of the new album done by close of 2015, and would faint from excitement if they were mixing or done the mixing by close of 2015.

So I would see 2016 starting out with getting the album finished mixing, the cover photos etc and then a bunch of media promoting it-- tv interviews, blah blah blah.

I do (hope to) see Lindsey solo work getting underway at some time in 2016, hopefully by spring.

I don't know if I'm just a little cynical about this band or just hedging my bets, so if we get more it's a bonus rather than setting expectations too high and getting disappointed.
i actually agree with everything you wrote, and when i was clicking to add my vote for album being wrapped before 2016, i had to work hard against my more cynical (or realistic?) nature. but i am willing it to happen in 2015!

and i agree, that we'd be lucky if he gets any solo work underway by the spring 2016, and FM album etc doesn't spill well into 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
It sounds to me like Lindsey's #1 priority right now is a new album with Fleetwood Mac. I suspect he will quarantine himself until that happens. He did his 3 solo albums in a row, dabbled with other artists, and now he's itching to have some creative forward momentum with the band. If that falls through (possibly because Stevie keeps kicking the ball further down the road), I can see Lindsey starting to coalesce new solo material. However, I still think he will continue to hold out releasing his own work until the band finishes theirs. He's been pushing for a new album from them for what, 6 years now?
agree (again!) with everything you wrote. still choose to be optimistic that other / solo stuff will also happen in 2016. it's a year away!

yeah he's been pushing this new FM album since 2009. in 2010 SN said no, not interested in making new music with FM, and did a solo album. so LB had some unexpected time and filled it with recording SWS. in 2012, SN again said no to FM album, but by the end of the year agreed on issuing some of the new LB songs plus her very, very old song as FM EP. and in 2014, she said no for the third time, once again putting a solo project ahead of FM, even though now Christine was back and very willing to work on new FM album.

it's interesting that SN's output since 2010 does not seem to have any new music written by her (please correct if wrong, i'm obviously not that well versed in her output, this is just what's on wikipedia). so maybe that's main roadblock for her, worry that she will not be able contribute any new music to FM (in DR doc she was very proud of writing bunch of new songs for SYW - is that batch the last new music she wrote that was released?), and she feels she should? and unlike Christine and Lindsey, she's not, for whatever reason, open to collaborating with either one of them and co-writing some new songs as a band.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"