View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
TheWILDheart you'd be too young to remember this but holidayroad might, that when Time was released, all that forums that dealt with FM contained was people complaining that Bekka was a poor replacement to Stevie, that Mick and John should not use the FM name without S&L, etc.

Sure disagree with my comment, but it is funny that people keep saying that Time doesn't sound like Fleetwood Mac. I've yet to find that elusive "Fleetwood Mac" sound. Is it Peter Green? Danny Kirwan? Bob Welch? Christine McVie or Buckingham Nicks? Or perhaps something else completely.

I've spent the best part of the past one and half decades defending this album, especially Bekka Bramlett, forgive me for being slightly cynical
I agree that a lot of people back then were complaining loudly about Bekka compared to Stevie. I actually like Bekka and especially Bekka and Billy together. I know that there is no one group of musicians that truly make up the Fleetwood Mac sound. I just felt that your comment assumed that everyone likes Stevie and Lindsey as a package deal,excluding liking Christine. I guess I should phrase my comment in this way-Time does not sound like the Fleetwood Mac most fans are familiar with. It's a good album, not a great album. It also includes one of my favorite songs by Christine-"Sooner Or Later".