View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Ok, so I just finished up my first listen of the album. First of all I have to disagree with all those who feel this is the 21st century Out Of The Cradle. I actually hear far more shades of Law & Order and especially Go Insane on this album.

As far as favorites, Illumination is the most delightfully quirky song... what a fun surprise! That song is like a sonic Shawshank Redemption... you never know what's going to happen next! I think it's the coolest thing on the whole damned album. My other big fav is Rock Away Blind... it's pure perfection. I very much like the updated version of She Smiled Sweetly too. As a whole, the album is beautifully arty and nicely paced.

Oddly enough the songs I assumed would be my favs are actually at the bottom of my list: Stars Are Crazy and When She Comes Down. They're fine songs, they just didn't grab me the way I expected them to.

All things totaled, I think this is a great little album and a real progression for Lindsey. Is it his best work? I don't think anything will ever eclipse Out Of The Cradle for me. But I definitely think this album easily stands shoulder to shoulder with his first 3.