View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think Stevie is just throwing around her power to get what she wants. She doesn't want to sit in the studio and do 5,000 overdubs, so she's off doing a solo tour while all that groundwork is being laid. A remarkably short solo tour that will easily allow her to join the band in the studio immediately following the holidays. She's sent up warning flares about how she and Lindsey have gone in diverging musical directions; yet her absence right now is giving the band ample time to craft their songs into a sound that would be palatable to Stevie.

I always want to stab my fellow chiffonheads when they wield this quote, but "don't listen to her, listen through her." Like others have said, Stevie is the star of this band. She would not dare allow that limelight to be shifted away from her by not participating in the first Fleetwood Mac album in nearly a decade and a half. She's just making sure she has a firm grip on the proceedings before she signs on.
I have seen no signs that this is what is happening. Since that burst of time in the studio by Chris and Lindsey, there is zero sign that any of them are in the studio together since the tour ended. Mick's doing his own thing and Lindsey's been doing a few bits with other bands and Christine's talked about a future tour and that's it. No chatter about them being seen in a studio or anything. Nada.