View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Does anyone else think the reason these songs aren't being played on the Buckingham/Mcvie tour, Is because both Chris and Linds have negotiated that the both be played on the upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour?

It makes sense that they would give Stevie Stand back back into the set and Chris and Lindsey ask for these two songs.

Thoughts.
This thought had crossed my mind at one point, and not because I would like to hear Stevie sing on them (although I'd be fine if she did; it just wasn't my motivation). But I don't think they will. I think if they cut ISA they could do Carnival (which is my fave on the album) but playing them both, even if they were spread out in the set, would highlight just how similar they are. And Lindsey ain't gonna cut ISA at this point; it's his Rhiannon or GDW or whatever if you know what I mean.

I agree in some ways it would be challenging live-- Lindsey and Chris harmonizing on the main melody (and his voice and hers are very digitally tweaked on those) as well as getting all those layers of backing vocals (though they certainly have plenty of people singing with them onstage live and could do a decent job of it I think) and as Homer points out, they use plenty of pre recorded tracks (though not as much with FM shows as far as I can tell-- they just add more and more additional vocalists-- the 2 or 3 of Stevie's girls, then Brett and Neale on top of the 3 band members -- that's 7-8 people FFS).. And I believe (I don't have the album handy) John and Mick were at least on the Carnival recording so it would make sense.... but they won't do it.

I'm speculating that On With the Show was intended for a new FM album that Lindsey was hoping the 4-some would do before the last tour-- and when it didn't get recorded they still stuck with the name OWTS for the tour itself. (Or maybe it's politics-- with him wanting a tour named for one of his songs after a previous tour wasnamed for a Stevie song -- SYW-- and his people/he wanted equal time?? who knows with this bunch; nothing would surprise me). It at least explains where that tour name came from.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 08-12-2017 at 01:24 PM..