Thread: So...now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think I was asking you, but how funny that you choose when to talk to me! I don't think I used those words you're using now, but I was answering a post about Lindsey and his past you conveniently choose to avoid, because you couldn't care less what some fans here say about him, even though you say you like Lindsey. At least I don't pretend I like Stevie.

To talk endlessly about Lindsey's past isn't also necessary, and yet it happens and of course, you don't jump at all, even though you like Lindsey.

Random? Seriously? How many threads have others started about Lindsey's past? Gimme a break!
I knew you weren't asking me specifically, but you did ask why the poster told you and Mitzo to take a time out, so I offered an explanation. If Mitzo had expressed the same confusion you had, I would have told her that referencing Library's actions back then were unnecessary. I absolutely agree with you that to talk endlessly about Lindsey's past is unnecessary, and I understand why it looked like I was jumping on one side of the track, so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if, when discussing the current situation within and out of FM, we could all do so without mentioning alleged bad behaviors from 40 years ago? I recognize and understand it's happening on both sides. I just hate seeing a thread on band merchandise that somehow has devolved into allegations against Lindsey, or a thread about Sheryl Crow that somehow devolved into allegations against Stevie. The allegations are even more horrible when I think it's entirely possible that there are people reading these threads and have dealt or are dealing with drug abuse, abortion, or domestic violence in their own lives, and here people are using these topics as weapons. And in a thread with a title that has nothing to do with said allegations! Talk about potential PTSD! That's why I said before if people want to talk about Stevie's abortions, I guess to show what an awful person she is, then start a thread with that title. Likewise, if people want to show what an awful person Lindsey is, by talking about domestic violence allegations, start a thread with that title. OR we could ALL just quit throwing that crap in random threads.

Sorry for my long winded post.