View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wonder whether they'll need Neale. On the Shake the Cage Tour and Behind the Mask tour they only had Rick and Billy. Now they have Mike and Neil will they still go for a third guitarist? Having said that, Neil Finn is an accomplished keyboard player- do they even need Brett? Not wanting to talk them out of a job but I wonder if they need both of them. Otherwise, might Stevie want to bring Carlos back in?
Thank you for this information. I did not know about Neil Finn's abilities. I appreciate your response!

I considered the thought that Neale or Brett would be nominated as musical director for the upcoming FM tour. Elton's musical director is Davey Johnstone, who is not an original member of his band (As an aside, Elton's concerts are not always advertised as "Elton and His Band"). I think the Stones' musical director is Chuck Leavell, the keyboardist and background vocalist. I think The Who's musical director is someone other than Roger or Pete as well. My thinking was that the musical director/show designer for huge bands isn't always a member of the band (exception is Davey).

The possibility of Carlos returning hadn't occurred to me. Speaking of former touring musicians, Taku was in the MusiCares band in January. My prediction is Neale, Brett, Stevvi, Lori, and Sharon stay with no additional hires.