View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hey, I love Chris A LOT--as everyone here knows. But I've seen/read a few homophobic statements from her that piss me off...there's that negative lesbian comment from a 1976 (?) People Magazine article, and then there's the flamboyant video producer in the Love Will Show Us How video (hardy har har)...and now this? Hey, I don't love--or even like--Status Quo, but come on. She's got to know a large number of gay men love her. And many of those gay men are pretty darn feminine.
The "ponces" quote was made a long time ago. Back in the sixties homosexual men were not "gay" they were known as "poofs" (in the UK). But back then you could get away with calling black people n*gg*rs. Times have changed (thank goodness)

I agree that the lesbian comment in People Magazine was unecessary but it honestly did not occur to me that the producer from Love Will Show us How was supposed to be gay.

I don't think that a couple of comments, the last one being more than 30 years ago, makes a case for Chris being homophobic.

Gail