View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yep, aided and abetted by Azoff.... I'm sure he pointed out to them, "Look at the Eagles....Glen who was the lead/co-lead is gone, and they just replaced him and the fans are fine, they're making money hand over fist" And then Journey kept going and just replaced Steve Perry, and Queen kept going replacing their ONLY lead singer and ONLY really energetic front person Freddie Mercury and fans still paid to fill shows, and example after example.

He would have been one of the major voices probably both while they were deciding and afterward encouraging this.
Queen didn't exactly replace their lead singer in the same way as Journey, The Eagles or Fakewood Mac.
He kinda …. died. Because he refused to take his AIDS meds. And John Deacon left the band once Freddie died. I don't think it's fair for the rest of the band to stop doing their music because of that.

Just adding my two 0.02 Queen cents.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.