View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
The big hit from Tango was "Little Lies", and while the live version of Big Love is certainly iconic, the album track/single was a headscratcher and not much more back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
This post is extremely amusing because this is entirely your opinion on things which you're entitled to but you're acting as if it's fact. Clearly there's plenty of people who like the song or just think it's okay and don't have the same feelings about it as you do. I'm kind of baffled by why you would say Big Love wasn't a hit. Even my dad remembers that song from the radio back then and he never listened to that type of music much.
And Lindsey is a musician with over four decades of experience and tons and tons of critical acclaim. While I may also not love everything he does in more recent years, to say he "obviously has no clue" what he's doing is ridiculous.
Lot's of people bought Big Love, that does not make it memorable or really good. It sounded dated after 3 months. I the context of TITN success, Big Love was just a starter.
I'm glad that your father remembers that one, but how is that more relevant than what I wrote?

Last edited by AncientQueen; 04-17-2017 at 10:33 AM..