View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Despite Lindsey's unmistakable influence, I still have to wonder what Keith Olsen, Richard Dashut and Ken Caillat think about Lindsey receiving all of the credit for the "Fleetwood Mac sound" on the first three albums.

Critically, LB's always been praised for his contributions to Fleetwood Mac as a musician, so it's nice that he's now also getting praise for his behind-the-scenes work too... but it does seem to come off a little uneven when you consider that he wasn't the only one there.

Surely Keith Olsen and the veteran members of the band, had more say than Lindsey would have had on 'Fleetwood Mac;' and even though he was the "idea man" for 'Rumours' and 'Tusk,' it would have still been largely Richard and Ken who acheived the overall sound on those albums, as it seems they were the ones who spent the most time at the console.

Anyway, I'm not at all trying to detract from Lindsey's input... I just think it's somewhat unfair to give him sole credit for Fleetwood Mac's sound, when those albums featured production work by three other very skilled men (not to mention the musical contributions from four other very talented band-members).

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-14-2004 at 04:24 PM..