View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I think that music has always been the struggle for SN. The lyrics...poetry is her tour de force. And, I'm wondering just how HARD she wants to work anymore...she seems to be invited to do these one-off guest appearances a lot and I think she really enjoys them. I know I do!
I would love to see SN and LB put BN out on cd with a few bonus tracks (2 each too much to ask?) and, why would LB not want to use the fantastic band they used to record BN? I guess Waddy Wachtel's close affiliation with SN is something LB would find problematic? But they could do a nice show, a little talk and make us all really happy! I also wonder just how much overall interest there would be for the BN disc?
Also a little worried that SN is coming to an end with FM. No CM, LB is married with kids as is JM. Anyone else find the almost nonexistent relationship on stage between MF and SN weird? guess I do kind of believe that being with FM on the road is hard for SN in many ways and that going back to them gets harder every time, even tho the love will always be.
Just how hard does Stevie want to work anymore???
Stevie has been working her 60+ yr old arse off pretty much non-stop since the end of the 2009 Mac tour. She has been more productive than ever. A new solo album, solo tours, the Rod Stewart thang, lots of IYD 's promotion, AI, Oprah, Ellen, Sound City Players, ect...
As far as her relationship w/ Mick:
I think its funny that when Lindsey wants to quit the band or doesn't want them to bother him for three years ...its ok...
Christine retires.....wants to be left alone...its ok...
Stevie wants to extend her solo promotion of IYD 's....Mick wines like a B....and starts w/ the guilt trip....its not ok..

Stevie said she had to have a sit down w / Mick about the Playboy article .....So, I definitely think that their relationship suffered..in 2009 he was her BFF....2013???? not so much. But, this isn't the first time Mick has ruffled her feathers...they seem to have moved on like all the times before. Mick has said and done worse to her over thee years. Mick and a lot of others, don't give Stevie the same amount of respect as Chris and Lindsey.

I think at the most, we could get one more Mac album...but Stevie is probably going to jump back into her solo career ...time is not on her side. She still has a lot she wants to say thru her music...She doesn't want to dedicate the time it would take to record a Mac album and not be happy with how her songs turn out, like w/SYW.