View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Lindsey may or may not have pitched a battle about the choice of intro music at Musicares (isn't it funny that so many on here whine about 'name the sources!' when a story comes out that makes Stevie look bad, but when there's an unnamed source that says Lindsey threw a fit at Musicares, well by golly it must be true!) and he mimed dancing while Stevie spoke (well after Chris and Mick checked their watches, laughed, then waltzed together).
The first I heard about this was in one of Lindsey’s interviews, and he admitted it.

Quote:
Rather than Stevie saying look, this is the final tour, and telling her manager to tell his manager that she had a list of conditions for the tour that she wanted from him or something that attempted to slog out one final tour she lays down an ultimatum to the band that he's out or she's out.
The fact he didn’t sign off on the tour makes me think he was the one with conditions.

Quote:
Given the speed at which the band immediately replaced Lindsey with one of Stevie's favorite guitarists and co-writers, Mick did not bother to act as band leader and try to keep the band together for their final tour but capitulated right away, and then was complicit in convincing John to support the decision and then saying it only takes a majority vote not a unanimous vote to kick someone out. The band agreed to kick out a member and bring in a specific new member within DAYS of that event.
Mike was the obvious choice. Lindsey getting sacked and Mike coming on board aren’t necessarily connected. They all knew the easiest way to make money was with the classic lineup. Still, given how fresh Tom’s death was for Stevie, the question of who to get if Lindsey had to go wasn’t something that required much thought.

Which all boils down to the fact I keep coming back to: Nobody knows exactly what went down to get to this point. It could be major, it could be horribly minor, or it could just be a matter of a situation going as far as it can go and a change needing to be made. Lots of speculation, but no actual facts.

The band wasn’t honest in some of their interviews, although Lindsey admittedly did try to delay the tour, so that wasn’t a complete lie. That just seemed like the one thing they could say that wouldn’t slander him publicly. That said, Lindsey admittedly didn’t sign off on the tour, and I’m curious as to what he was holding out for. Otherwise, he would have signed on. There’s just something not quite right about what either side has said.

THE Stephen Hopkins