View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I do think there was some nastiness that went on AFTER the recording was done and that he did one of his rants saying bitchy things to her (her lyrics to You May Be The One -- "I hear the islands calling, I hear angry words, flying across the ocean, like some seabirds, never stopping. I feel my blood racing, can't believe what you are saying, I used to love you so much"), and there again she played her "I'll leave" card..... if they did the double album, which he wanted, she would not agree to any additional live shows that they were working to book. They had committed to 40 at that point and she said she'd honor those contracts, but then she would pull the plug and not do any more touring, because she knew he needed to make up the money lost on album royalties from the tour income. She won. They didn't do the double album and she agreed to do more shows.

She is not above this kind of thing. She would threaten to badmouth them to the media as far back as the 1980s if they didn't give her what she wanted on an album (e.g. her vocals more prominent on Tango stuff-- even tho the reason she wasn't on it was her drug problem)

Even if she didn't think up this stuff on her own, she's made it a point to hire pitbulls to work for her -- Howard Kaufman, Azoff, Karen, etc etc.
The YMBTO thing happened later on. They'd finished the recording and she was on vacation or something and they argued over the phone about the sequencing I believe it was.