View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My First Time Seeing Stevie (AKA Nashville)

I know there is already a thread on the Nashville show but since this was my first time ever seeing Stevie, I thought I would make a thread about my experience and invite anyone to share their first Stevie concert experiences as well!

Anyway I just want to start by saying the Pretenders were amazing. Before the concert I had only known a few of their songs but Chrissie is fantastic and I actually really enjoy their music! Ok now back to the main attraction. The moment I had been waiting for 2 years. Ever since I became a fan and was ENCHANTED by Stevie and fell in love with her music, I knew I had to experience the magic live. I just couldn't wait! Black lace dress, velvet jacket, tall black boots, crescent moon necklace, and burgundy fringe shawl clad I went to Bridgestone Arena. After the Pretenders set was over it really hit me that I was going to see my idol. And then the lights dimmed and the band came on stage and I was so ready. As soon as Gold and Braid began playing and Stevie walked on stage, my emotions went all over the place. I screamed so loud as tears welled in my eyes. I was breathing so hard that my heart felt like it was literally beating out of my chest! It was a feeling like no other. After I calmed myself down I began to really get into the music. I probably sang and danced the whole time!!! I think I was the only person in my section that sang along to every song-oh well! Stevie was phenomenal as I knew she would be. Nothing can replicate hearing her gorgeous voice live! Stevie was strong and confident and really seemed like she was taking a trip back to her 20s. She had so much energy and looked so happy! And the stage was absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad she went so theatrical with the production. Perhaps my favorite parts of the night were Stevie's little speeches throughout the show. She's so adorable when she rambles. I think it was when she was talking about "moving in" to Tom Petty's basement and she said that she brought a can of Hershey's cocoa powder in case she needed chocolate milk She can be so funny sometimes.

I know I rambled quite a bit but I would definitely consider this one of the best nights of my life! Stevie is so amazing and I'm so grateful I finally got to see her live. Definitely a memory to treasure forever!