View Single Post
Old 01-25-2024, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It seems Lindsey was going to say something and Mick captured the microphone.

Mick remember this award in his book:

Later that month we participated in a nationally televised event, Don Kirschner's Rock Awards. The whole setup was very Hollywood, all glitter and hype, but we'd been on tour for months and I thought it would be ok for us to get a little public recognition. This event hit different people in different ways. After getting awards for Best Group and Best Album, we went to a party at some hotel and stayed about half an hour. In the limo on the way to the hotel, Chris looked at me in disbelief and asked, "Does this mean we're stars?" The question was so innocent and sweet, and so full of disbelief.
It really must have been a surreal moment. Chris, Mick and John were fairly well off but not soaking rich. To have them recognized like this must have been a dream. All of their hard work paying off. Lindsey and Stevie young and after being dropped from a record company now millionaires and full rock stars. They almost seem uncomfortable.