View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fascinating anecdote about Tusk

I just came across this quote from Ken Caillat that explained the story behind Save Me a Place that I had never heard before. Very touching.

Ken Caillat: “Save Me a Place was one of the special moments of Tusk when the band gathered in the control room to listen to a rough mix after the session's long day. Somehow the vulnerable vibe of the song had managed to heal all the bad feelings that accompanied his exile of the band. We had dimmed the lights down to a minimum and just sat there with drinks in hand to listen.
The mood turned from relaxed to melancholic and a wave of sadness crossed the room as the last sounds of the songs faded away. Lindsey was in tears, leading to Christine’s weeping as well. The rest of us just sat in silence, observing the feelings that were embracing us all. No words were spoken, but it was clear that what had seized us all was a fragile Lindsey pleading through this confessional hymn not to be forgotten or left out by this family that was his own, too. Christine got up and walked over and gave Lindsey a big hug.
I still keep this memory as one of the highest points in the making of Tusk.”