View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Wouldnt it be interesting to see some vault songs from the 69-74 era? I would love that!
Well, with Vaudeville Years & Showbiz Blues sets, Then Play On has kind of been mined...as well as the Kiln House era with the Madison Blues set. But, the Welch era would definitely be interesting to see what's been left in the can.

I was pretty disappointed with the first three reissues, other than one or two dusty gems (mainly speaking of Rumours & Tusk), we just got alternate versions of the songs that were on the albums. (and, even still, didn't get the cool "Songbird"-esque piano version of "Never Make Me Cry" that's been circulating on bootlegs for years on the Tusk reissue)

Let's hope that if there IS a few other albums reissued, they'll do a better job at coming up with some nearly finished outtakes that never saw light of day. (don't need some half-assed distorted unfinished demo of "Smile At You" or some studio jam of Fats Domino's "Blue Monday"...something more substantial, like "Goodbye Angel" & "Teen Beat" that showed up on The Chain box set.)