View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Why would a band - any band - want to do that? And why would you want to hear recordings of her songs, that you can already hear anywhere, any time???

It reminds me of when someone posts a great video of the current tour on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or elsewhere, and some "fan" says "What? Where's Christie (or Chrissy)??", completely unaware their favorite member left the band 15 years before lol.

She left. It was her choice. I hope she's happy in her current life away from the drama of FM. I like her music, and am looking forward to hearing all about her appearance in London, but she's not part of the band any more. And for the record, I'm one of the few who actually liked it when they sang SYLM in '09, but it seems most people very much prefer NOT to hear Lindsey and Stevie attempt Chris's songs. So, sing them, or don't sing them...they can't win either way
They wouldn't have to be the studio recordings, as Michelle said. I think it would be a nice acknowledgement to someone who was integral to the band's success and goes unrecognized otherwise in their shows. I was not a fan of Say You Love Me (and neither was Christine lol when she "confused" the song and commented on how they weren't pulling off You Make Loving Fun), but I still think Lindsey and Stevie could pull off a Christine song or two if they put the work in on the arrangement (which they clearly haven't spent much time on in the last decade before tours: revamping and re-arranging old songs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why not?? I wouldn't play all of her songs before the show, but they used to play Albatross before every show and I miss that. I wouldn't look askance if they played a Christine song and it wouldn't need to be the studio version of the song. Indeed, it would be better if it were not. If Lindsey did some acoustic versions of a couple of her songs and they played it before the concert, I would just about freak out.

Someone was mentioning how good the guitar sounded on Isn't it Midnight and I was thinking how integral Lindsey's guitar is to songs like YMLF. They could especially do an acoustic Mystified, since that's not just her song, but is heavily associated with her.

I don't think they're playing the same tape before every concert. I've heard different songs each time. There's an overlap, like I always hear Stephanie, but don't always hear other things. I think they must have several different tapes.
I was the one talking about Lindsey's guitar work. I love it all around on Tango in the Night, even Seven Wonders since it gives that song so much of its flavor. I've mentioned on here before how I'd love to see Albatross performed live by Lindsey, his take on the song. If that never happens, I would've loved to hear it before the show.

Last edited by bethelblues; 06-14-2013 at 09:38 PM..