View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 07:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I've always wondered what the story was behind them not continuing to work with Keith on the follow up to the white album. Was he not available to do Rumours or did they think Ken and Richard had some magic Keith didn't have??
In Mick’s first book the last mention of Keith is “So in February 1975, we went over to Sound City to record, with Keith Olsen as engineer”.

Before that the first mention of Richard Dashut is where he is telling the Buckingham Nicks story: "Eventually one of the partners got a deal with Polydor Records, and that's how Stevie and Lindsey came to record their album, Buckingham Nicks, at Sound City, Keith Olsen's studio in the Valley.The assistant engineer on those recording sessions was Richard Dashut. Eventually he became Fleetwood Mac's esteemed coproducer and one of my dearest friends. He enters our tale here in his role as Lindsey's main conspirator in the studio".

It seems Richard introduced Ken to the band: "I wasn't sure I could handle it, so I brought in a friend, Ken Caillat from L.A., to help me, and we started coproducing. Mick gave me and Ken each an old Chinese I Ching coin and said, good luck."

Not enough info to fill the blanks, about Keith.