View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

I got my copy yesterday and am up to the 5th chapter. She paints herself as a young kid from the mid-west who goes to "hollywood" to see the world. One interesting thing from the book is that she got to listen to Rumours before it came out. Lindsey wanted her opinion. A fresh perspective. He thought Gold Dust Woman needed something and got a plate of glass that they took out into the parking lot where Mick smashed it. They recorded it and that was the beginning of the song. I'd heard about the glass but I've never really heard it in the song. I'll have to really listen next time. I think she has written a good tell-all so far. No one is portrayed unfairly but I don't think she showed Stevie in a good light. She claims the first conversation she had with Stevie was when Stevie came over to her and said they shared the same birthday and she asked if Carol liked to wear black. When Carol said yes, she thinks all blonds look good in black, Stevie said that must be why Lindsey is with you, your like me. That's cold!!!