View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks Krrrby! The big surprise here is that she added I Sing For the Things. This is a shock because it certainly is a deep cut. It’s also a surprise because of all the solo songs she could have chosen from, this has to be near the bottom of the request list of the fans. I mean, Stevie chose this song over If I Were You? Imperial Hotel? Talk to Me?

And she brought back Soldier’s Angel. I don’t even remember what album this song was on but whichever one it was, it was probably my least favorite song.

So for her solo shows, she brought back Sara, Fall From Grace, and Soldier’s Angel, and added For What It’s Worth and I Sing For the Things.
I dont think she is proud of her RAL work. She did do No Spoken Word quite a bit. However that was one of the few songs on RAL that she wrote all by herself. Vocally its not bad either. Other than that song, HAEWAFY, and maybe I Sing For The Things (which was written and recorded many years before RAL), she does not care for this album. As much as you like it, you must remember there are many and probably including her that realize its an un-Stevie album. Its a reminder of how unwell she was. She just played a part and filled in the blanks just to finish the album. Hardly something she wants to put in her set. But just for you and the RAL freaks out there, she should do Sister Honey and moonwalk in those high tops.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-16-2023 at 08:27 AM..