View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 12:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

Location: By the beautiful 3 rivers in southeast Washington State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I know some of you are trying to say that touring with Fleetwood Mac would of caused him more stress than getting fired from a band over nothing and going through a lawsuit, but that just because you are trying to take away blame from Fleetwood Mac.
Hey there, I think I said something to the effect that maybe it's was a good thing he wasn't on tour with FM because IMO that tour MIGHT have been more stressful than his solo tour, and I said that it was just speculation on my part.
Here's something that is not speculation. A person who has a father who has an early cardiac event (before age 55) is twice as likely to have an early cardiac event themself. Unfortunately, it was Lindsey's brother that bore the consequence of those genetics. As a nurse with 25 years in burns and ICU, I can say that best practice states stress, in and of itself, is less of a problem than how one deals with stress. If you have familial cardiac disease there is a list that goes like this in order of harm: smoking, diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, poor diet, little to no exercise, poor sleep and unmanageable stress.
I believe he would have had this happen to him regardless of who he was touring with or what he had going on in his life because of the science, not because I'm trying to let FM off the hook or whatever theory you've conjured up.
I feel awful for him and his family, as I have seen people get their chest cracked open in an emergency, and an ET tube hurriedly inserted, which absolutely inflames the vocal chords - sometimes scarring them permanently. It's a violent surgery on the body and not something I'd wish on anyone, ever. I'm guessing most people with any degree of compassion or empathy would feel the same.
Blaming serves no purpose, unless it's how you deal with your stress. Even then, there are healthier options.