View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
But, Steve, you're a total crackwhore, as you know.
Well, we all have our hobbies.
Quote:
The SMALs from the 1984 tour are some of my favorite arrangements of it -- with all those glorious backup vocals by George Hawkins.
I'll grant you that George Hawkins' backing vocals were pretty killer. I like that he sang the "Bare Trees" arrangement, but only much, much better.
Quote:
Yes, it's a different approach from that of the Mac a decade before, but what all & hoosits & whatsits & yeowza extra-cheese please on a kaiser roll.
It sounded generic and boring to me.
Quote:
And you also don't like Remember Me from Roxy '81? You crackwhore, you. That's casual & loose & even a bit funky & everyone's happy & a little drunk & what's not to like???
I liked it until I heard these songs, and then it hit me that here are three songs that sounded very different on record in the '70s, but really far too similar live, especially in terms of the all-too-important guitar solo, in the '80s. The personality of the individual songs, when heard together, isn't there.
Quote:
Sidebar: The Roxy '81 film is the only footage I know of Chris playing a real Rhodes. Can you think of any other?
This looks like a Rhodes, but I don't know if it's a Fender, a copy, or if I need to get my eyes checked again.

THE Stephen Hopkins