View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post

I mean, it was a no brainer for Mick and the McVies financially and even in terms of what kinds of shows they wanted to play -- arenas and not theaters. Stevie knew that, and they knew that. What is disappointing to me is not Mick and John -- they always have been willing to pick up new players and move on -- but Chris. I mean she made a duo album and did a whole tour with Lindsey, and then to just roll over and let this happen? She might have had the power to say, I'm not doing this. Man, that's just cold to me. And, I'm sure that behind the scenes, she's emails Lindsey and says, I had to go along with them if I wanted to actually play big shows and make money. And he probably accepts that. But that's the part that I think is especially gross.

While I think Stevie/Mick bear the most responsibility for the firing, the McVies are responsible for their own choices. Everyone gets to make their choices, but they don't get to control how other people see those choices. Mick/Stevie/McVies tried to have both when firing Lindsey, and that's just not happening.
Yep, THIS.

This is what I've been saying since day one. Chris had the power to stop this, and she rolled over like a dog. "You can't fire him. You fire him, and I'm GONE".
That would have stopped it. Guaranteed.
Prove me wrong.