View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think Mick simply meant, “with all deference to Lindsey” meaning he bows down to him for his contributions to the band, BUT ...

Christine did not just choose to side with her “friends”, she wasn’t even civil to Lindsey. That’s the thing. Whether he was your best buddy or not, when you’ve known someone that long and they are pushed out of a group that they dedicated their life to, you can reach out to them. Your lawyer may tell you not to, but he’s not going to kill you if you do.

When a person you know and have just toured with has just had emergency open heart surgery, you call them. You wish them well when you are on stage singing songs he produced.

She could have made a business decision while still acting like a flesh and blood human being.

THIS! Only God knows how many hours of their lives this 5 people shared. Good and bad, I don't care. On a certain level, they bonded. Lawyers and corporate decisions shouldn't matter when the life of someone you have known for so long is in danger.

But it was silence…. or awkward and politically correct messages to him. Nothing else. And that's why they're all dead to me. And it should be the same to Lindsey.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.