View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I registered and I am interested to hear it but I have a feeling this is prerecorded performance. Two things bother me, they still refer to Lindsey has in Fleetwood Mac and when I got a confirmation email it said (start warming up those vocal cords now) which seemed insensitive to Lindsey's recent problems. I get the feeling this company, Nutanix, doesn't know much about Lindsey or his music.

I will be surprised if he does anything other than the standard hits like Never Going Back Again, Big Love, and others that can be done easily acoustically at home. Still will be nice just to hear from him again since it's been so long.

Your job title probably doesn't matter but it does require a business email to register.
great that you got in! seems that mostly people with edu emails / students are reporting they are getting in, which is kinda weird - also kinda weird for a digital space company to have problem with a number of spaces on their zoom. then again, apparently google is considering buying them, so who knows.

anyway - it will be amazing to hear Lindsey's voice after the surgery and the recuperating of his vocal chords. i really hope people who will be able to listen capture and share some bits, as people were for Jewel's performance, for example. and it will just be overall amazing to see him after what he's been through the last few years. as far as the performance, yeah i think the whole webinar is about an hour long, so i assume the artists at the end may not have time for more than 1-2 songs, and for Lindsey we know which those will be - Big Love and either NGBA or SUD. but either way it will be fantastic to see him and hear his voice.

as far as Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac - he will always be that, and i love when people get twisted into pretzels and insist he's formerly of Fleetwood Mac. bs. he was and will always be of Fleetwood Mac, even if his name has been recently more known since all the breakup the band publicity. so every time i see that, i'm happy.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"