View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
The lack of enthusiasm for this uninspired record would have still been a dud if Lindsey hadn't of left. ZERO new material. Recycled collection.
I could care LESS about the current line-up, but critics have loved it, it's selling out and doing very well.
The only complaints I see are on the Ledge a few random youtube/facebook posts by the same 7-10 people that repeat themselves like a parrot. In the real world of Los Angeles and Miami, I hear nothing about it. People care more about their lives and families and own jobs than they do that Buckingham is no longer with FM.

Lindsey's Solo Anthology has two new songs and one BuckVie song. Those three songs could have been part of this compilation if Stevie had said 'yes' to a new FM album when Lindsey tried to convince her to record new material that ultimately ended up being the BuckVie album. But because she said 'no'...

Critics haven't exactly loved it. I read more 'meh' reviews than 'oh, this is so good! Lindsey who?' ones. And it's not doing very well. It took them 6 months to start selling a second MSG. Six months.

I'm sure people also care more about their real lives in the whole world than Stevie being inducted again. I'm sure that day will go unnoticed by many people except for those 7-10 people on YouTube/Facebook/Twitter/IG that repeat themselved like a parrot because she's the first female that was inducted twice.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.