View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think some of his sense of lack of closure boils down to his relationship with Stevie rather than his relationship with Fleetwood Mac per se. Many times in recent years (ever since The Dance, really), he's talked about his (musical and personal) relationship with her being a work in progress, and has said over and over that the two of them haven't written the final pages in that book—two young people who forged ahead together with musical dreams, and so on.

This abrupt separation from the band puts the close on any such hopes he had to satisfactorily complete his story vis-à-vis Stevie. I think at least some of his pain is right there. Thoughts?
now you're starting to sound like a shipper all of the sudden.

i do think he cares and does want a nice peaceful closure with her. before everything is said and done and is probably unhappy they cannot reach a peace after everything they've been through together for so many years, good and bad. and she certainly can never stop talking about him with this joke probably being pretty close to reality -

but i think it's way larger than that - Fleetwood Mac was his life's work. his big project. and his family. people with whom he's been through so many ups and downs for decades. he was saying over and over on BuckVie tour how FM is family and how Christine came back where she belongs, that she was always family. he was so proud of Fleetwood Mac. it was home. when i first heard that he is out of the band, after hearing him talking about it so much on BuckVie tour in 2017, i knew immediately it cannot be his voluntary decision.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-06-2019 at 06:42 PM..