View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Don't all his meandering cliches make you want to play Mad Libs?

“Well, it was a _______, really. It was huge, any which way you look at it"

"We took the ______ by the ______. It was really as simple as that. But it certainly took a real, meaningful breath."

"All of us, probably in our various ways, came to that decision that we want to, we need to, _______."

Meanwhile, I think I detect a hint of actual meaning behind his rambling.

Nancy points out that the logic doesn't fit because "how can he say that they considering disbanding after firing Lindsey when they fired him in order for the band to tour?"

My theory for translating what he's saying is that there were at least two main factions (an anti-LB side spearheaded by Stevie and (in response to that) a pro-LB side solely or primarily constituted by Christine) and that all of Mick's musings about "taking a real, meaningful breath," "galvanizing," "needing to feel good about it" are references to the reservations on the side of the pro-LB faction, and the efforts by the anti-LB side to convince them. But whenever Mick speaks, he only permits himself to talk of the LB-less band as if it's a five-legged octopus missing one tentacle and has only one collective brain controlling its decisions, which results in this conflated nonsense.

So I think that what he is saying is probably an accurate description of what happened per se, once you translate it to two account for the existence of the two factions, and read between the lines accordingly.

But yes, as a statement of record, it ends up sounding contradictory in the way it's currently phrased.
OMG---Fleetwood MAC libs could be so fun! Great idea.