View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I agree that she should have been shown the door last year on principle. The reality is that she‘s the major draw, but is also personally close to Mick and Christine.
Also, there wasn’t the same sense of urgency in 2012 as there is today. Christine was still retired and John hadn’t had cancer.
Stevie is closer to Mick for sure and has that over Lindsey but Lindsey just finished an album+tour with Christine and she loved the experience and praised him over and over. So I think that situation changed. Which is why Christine is insisting that she didn't even know they kicked Lindsey out till after the deed was done. Whether the details of that are entirely as they're telling it, I think it says something that she wants to make it known that she had no part in what happened.

And personally I don't think one year would have been a big deal. Since the tour will likely be extensive and have added legs (just like their other tours), they would probably still be on the road at around that time anyways. If they had waited a year and made the tour less extensive (which John indicated he would have preferred), it all could've been fine. But doing that would have made them earn a few less millions, which I doubt Mick would've been happy about.