View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Which Angel is your favorite?

I was debating this a minute ago and was curious to see what others thought. The song Angel (from Tusk) is a song I never seek out but always puts me in a good mood, no matter what variation. It's weird because the renditions are SO different from each other.

The 1979 album version
The 1979 outtake
The 1980 live in St Louis Version (either on Deluxe or in the documentary)
The 1981 Bella Donna Tour live version

On one hand I love the bass heavy album version, but the vocal on the outtake is like nothing I've ever heard out of her before. I can't tell if it's a head cold or she's trying to be sultry or what, but I love it. Lindsey's dual vocal and extra guitar work on the Tusk Tour version really make it stand out, the band sounds like they're having an absolute blast playing the song. And then there's the 81 version, which sounds like a whole nother song to my ears. Even though the bass is stripped out, the keyboardist is just jamming the whole time and Stevie and the girls kick ass vocally. Its strange how she made such a Fleetwood Mac sounding song turn into a Tom Petty song but it really works.

What do you guys think?

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)