View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I like what you say in the rest of your post, but I snipped it to add to this: If Stevie wants to see sales on fire again, she should write a book. Imagine how big a Stevie Nicks memoir would be—New York Times bestseller list, here we come!
You think so? I highly doubt her book would generate that many sales generally, but it would certainly be invaluable to fans of Stevie and FM alike. I mean it would hit the NYT bestseller list I agree, but I don't think it would stay there for long. And I don't think it would be a rock tome that would attract music lovers as a whole. I mean a book like that could be written by a female rocker, but our rocker is not the one.

I think Stevie's book would be so Nicksentric that I'm not sure how much insight it would give into music or the eighties or the culture as a whole. I think it would be for FM lovers. It would come out the gates with lots of reviews and great sales, but then I don't think it would go very far, because of the isolated, rather than wide view, stories it would tell.

David, tell us what you think of the piano playing on Miss Fantasy and It Takes Time, if you get a chance.

Michele