View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Thanks for posting this, Viv! I'd never heard the full unedited interview.

There have been lots of stories about how she gave away the royalties to many of her songs... interesting to hear Sara royalties were given to 3 guys on her crew.... the 4th person, who recorded the demo is possibly Hernan as he has told stories over the years about working on that demo with her to flesh it out and record it properly. I forget now where she wrote it, but somewhere in her thank you's on one of her albums she thanks someone "for the spaces in Sara" so maybe that person got a cut.

She was reportedly generous, really too generous and trusting, in the beginning of her career and gave away too many royalties. Makes me wonder if once she got her own dedicated manager and business manager etc if they took tighter control on her behalf.
I've been waiting for someone to comment on this interview. This was the first time I heard this particular interview. I never knew she gave away the royalties to this song. All these years later we've learned she stole the riff of Edge of 17 from a song by The Police. A recent Ledgie mentioned she stole the music to Enchanted from Bob Seger. Stevie admits she stole Little Red Corvette to write Stand Back. I have a master recording of her writing Prettiest Girl in the World right over the actual song, "My Name is Luca," which was a huge hit for another artist. Not hard for me to believe after all this time she could have easily stole parts of Sara from Carol Hinton. I cracked up when she said even if she lost the case she never would have given Carol a dime of the royalties. She claimed had that happened she would have paid out of her own pocket money. Yeah right! LOL