View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, I think I worded that badly. When I said it's on "only a little disappointing vocally" what I really meant is that "the only way this version is a little disappointing is because of the vocals" not that the vocals are just a little disappointing because, let's face it, they're far from the greatest but they're not so bad that I can't live with them. Then again, if I didn't like the solo so much I would probably never listen to this version, just like I don't listen to the Soundstage version ever.

I have to add that I adore this version of UTS. I think I like it more than the album version because there's just something extra to it IMO. I think maybe it sounds more dynamic. Maybe that's from Brett coming in with an extra guitar in the chorus, but presumable there's something similar going on in the studio version so I don't know. Maybe it's just the performance.
It's also nice to have this slower, more tender version of SUD. It's not as good as the Philadelphia bootleg, which is more upbeat and he'd been playing it longer so was more sure of himself with it, but it's nice to have it performed slightly differently for variety.