View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You're right. And with human beings, even if we could see everything, we still wouldn't know everything. It's all subject to interpretation.

I guess with tv shows you like to think there is one definitive truth. No matter how a viewer perceives something, you often think that you can find an ultimate "yes" or "no" answer, depending on what the writer intended.

With people, even if they were witness to or participants in the same event, they will each have their own truth about it. With CAH I think my main problem was that sometimes I didn't even think she was telling the truth as she saw it. But I devoured Storms. Michele
I agree with the 'yes' or 'no' thing. I think the more there is possibility for different perceptions of the show, of its truth, the more interesting it is. That's why i think the build-up to Mulder and Scully being together was actually more interesting than them being together, because there were so many people who weren't shippers at all, and wouldn't believe that there was something going on (til it became obvious). And therefore, you root for a couple, but there are downers, and you just live with this incertainty, and it's way more exciting . When it was all said, and it's the same for every single fiction couple, i feel happy we get a happy closure but i'm also way less excited.

Anyway, there's a bit in Storms that i find especially interesting, it is that moment when they are all doing the Rolling Stone photoshoot. She says it was a wrap in 45 minutes, and then Lindsey said (can't find the quote) he stayed on the bed of the photoshoot for like an hour...with Stevie. i would die to know the truth about that .