View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
We all know the story, Mayall gives Peter some studio time for his birthday, he takes Mick and John into the studio and cuts three tracks, Curly, Rubber Duck and Fleetwood Mac.

Later Curly and Rubber Duck appear on the Mayall album Crusade, but by they had been re-recorded with Aynsley Dunbar.

Fleetwood Mac turned up on a some FM album, can't remember which one of the top of my head and it isn't so easy to search "Fleetwood Mac" on my iTunes. I think if memory serves me correct that it was "The Original Fleetwood Mac" album or some such?

Anyway, my question is this...did the original versions of Curly and Rubber Duck, which featured Mick Fleetwood, ever get released?

Oh and I've realised that I don't actually have even the Crusade version of Rubber Duck (though I have pretty much everything else Mayall).

Curly and Rubber Duck were only included on the 2007 expanded re-release of "Crusade" in 2007, 30 years after the original release. They are not re-recordings, but the original single versions. Mick Fleetwood did not play on that session at all. Peter is backed by McVie and Dunbar. Fleetwood did play on Fleetwood Mac, it's from a later session.

Last edited by dino; 04-09-2011 at 09:05 AM..