View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post
Wow, I'm even more impressed with Lindsey's artistic ability. I hear Cory's version and I would never think to do what Lindsey did with it. Lyrically stylisticly etc. Though I liker her version as well, I view it as an entirely different song. He really did make it his own. Also, her lryics seem to detail a relationship were as Lindsey's version though it could include a relationship, on the surface it's really about one person's growing process. Nobody better say Lindsey isn't a good writer, including Lindsey! Grated it's not his strongest point, but he doesn't really give himself credit.
I couldn't agree more. It proves that he can be a total wizard with a song from somebody else. But I really think that he must get hit like a truck by the original. I totally understand that he fell in love with this version if this was the one that sparked his remake. I guess it's a long time ago that he's been touched by stevies songs, because he really cut though skin with this one, and he hasn't really with Stevie's for a long time.

AND JOSHY: you just entered my heroeslist, dude, by finding this. VERY cool. Like Danax6, I live for this **** too. THANKS.