View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There's a difference between using the money you've made in FM to finance a solo career and going back to FM just to help that solo career. The time line doesn't suggest that he's ever gone back to do that, except at the end when GOS was shelved, when he told everyone that that is what he was doing.
I agree and am unsure if I ever said differently, though I think he went back twice for GOS.

Quote:
Before that, from Law and Order to OOTC, he did not capitalize on any of the many opportunities he had to use his FM exposure to promote his solo career
No. L&O and GI were released within a year or so of two highly popular FM records. So, he did "time his solo records to capitalize on FM" and your statement "explained away illogically by you, because he did not know how" is incorrect in regards to those two records.

Quote:
Yes, he wanted to get his experimental music out. When he couldn't he became alienated from the band, because it wasn't giving him what he needed anymore.
This statement proves my point.

Quote:
But for you, if he doesn't put out solo albums in conjunction with FM that proves your point. If he leaves FM just before he can make the big Tango money, that proves your point. And obviously, if the facts were reversed and he'd launched a solo album during an FM tour that would prove your point. If he'd changed the past and left FM directly after a successful Tango tour, that would prove your point too.
No, that is not what I am saying.

Quote:
That's the beauty of your point
All my points are beautiful

save the cheerleader - save the world