View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh wow, it is worse than we thought. But many of us were correct in guessing Stevie gave the ultimatum.....its me or him.
Here are a few points that no one mentioned yet. This Lindsey/Stevie drama has went on for decades. Why do you suppose Mick or Christine was not able to mend things just for the tour? Stevie was upset Lindsey smirked at her? Good grief! Lindsey does make fun of her on stage for her talking. I often tell the story of the Miami show where Lindsey pissed her off so much because he was making sound effects with his guitar as she was speaking. She openly turned on him, right on the stage.
Now to the Rhiannon music for the intro. Even if it upset Lindsey just a bit, why would he get upset with a song he helped craft? Someone's song needed to be played. Its just silly jealousy on both sides.
But lets be real. This stubbornness by Stevie existed before this award show. I wish it was asked why Stevie refused to join them in the studio? This was a long time before the awards show. She was done with Lindsey after On With The Show tour.
One of the great guitarists gets fired for the most ridiculous things ever. It is very sad about the legacy and exactly what Lindsey said. They took 40 years to get over all their issues. They could not hold it together for one album and tour?
Yes I wish Mick and Christine would have intervened. But $tevie holds all the cards because she brings asses in the seats. SAD It truly is Stevie Mac. And I do agree. The Buck/McVie album drove Stevie to the brink. Just like she got jealous when Lindsey and Chris wrote World Turning together. If they sat and did nothing and waited for her solo tour to end, I would bet my life she would not have fired Lindsey.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-10-2018 at 05:20 PM..