View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
People SUCK!

I saw the Dixie Chicks last year, and these two young (18 ish) girls sat down beside me, and made the mistake of telling me that they didn't have tickets to those seats. Well, the band starts, and they sit there just chatting away. I let them do it for 3 songs, then I'd had it! I said, "LOOK, look around you. EVERYONE here is sitting here LISTENING to the band, EXCEPT YOU. You're sitting here just chatting away, and the rest of us would really like to hear the band, not you". They gave me this horrified look, like how dare someone say that to them! Then they got up and left, and didn't come back. Mission accomplished! STFU at a concert!!!
At the Classic East I had people around me that were "oh, so excited to see FM!", but when the show started they were so drunk they just sat down and kept texting to their friends. I made them stand up and sing with me. They did it for a few songs but I finally gave up and enjoyed the concert all by myself.

It's totally different in my country. We're so grateful they come here and play for us that some fans even stay for days outside the arena on the line to wait for the doors to open. Crazy, I know!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.