View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njova View Post
I'm kind of confused are people implying that Stevie and Lindsey are in a physical love relationship and/or emotional love relatioinship now? I mean their crazy relationship is so confusing that even when you think that it's been over and done, it never really seems to be regardless what Stevie might say about being happy being alone and never getting marrried or having any kids and Lindsey saying he is happy with his wife and family.
For me, the only reason I'm talking about this at all is because of the content of those lyrics from LB's new album. They surprised me, but maybe they shouldn't really. As I said, they could be really old words, reflecting long-spent feelings. And perhaps Stevie really is right re: what she allegedly told Sheryl Crow - that you shouldn't have kids because you won't write great songs any more? Fact is, other people's happiness is boring. So maybe LB deliberately delves back into painful areas in order to produce stronger work? These songs could be every bit as historical for him as 'Secret Love' is for SN (though I suspect he wouldn't pretend not to remember who the songs are about ).