View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's all really profound and who knows, maybe mostly true. But, that "causes her harm" part. Why? Man, she would have it made. She would have HER freedom and LB. It seems like continuing the relationship would cause him more harm - he's the one with the family. Unless, Stevie suddenly came down with a bad case of traditionalism... lol
For a woman who has expressed some regrets about not having children or marrying (though lord knows, she's opinions on that one are ever-changing), it must be nothing short of gutting to watch him go back to his gorgeous wife and children. After decades of (sporadic) romantic and artistic involvement, to be relegated to the position of bit on the side/blast from the past? Yeah, I can see how that would cause her harm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Situationally it would cause him harm... But emotionally? She's the one who would be going to her huge empty house, while he goes back to a loving wife and kids, something that Stevie isn't a part of in anyway (that comment she made about not being his kids Godmother are coming to mind ).
Agreed.
And, what comment? I don't think I've heard that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ok, I can see that. Interesting though. So, is everybody back-pedaling on the time frame now? I know a lot of people still held to the 1976 break-up- and-that-was-it theory. Surely, we're not saying a 61 year old family man is still pining over her when they only had a sporadic, work-related only relationship for 35 years?
I think a relationship during the Dance is pretty much a given, no?
And yeah, reading these lyrics I would be very surprised if there hasn't been anything since his marriage.