View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ok, I can see that. Interesting though. So, is everybody back-pedaling on the time frame now? I know a lot of people still held to the 1976 break-up- and-that-was-it theory. Surely, we're not saying a 61 year old family man is still pining over her when they only had a sporadic, work-related only relationship for 35 years?
Well, in Stevie's own journal from either like '77 or '78 (I can't remember which, I just remember it being long after they were supposed to have been broken up, regarding the making of Rumours and such) she was all "I am slowly coming to the conclusion that Lindsey and I are at an end. So sad to see good love go bad."

That combined with everything else ('I didn't consider us broken up until 1987', Mick saying they were 'practically married for 20 years [now, which twenty years would that be, Mick?]', and other various context clues)....

I tend to think that while they may have officially ceased being a COUPLE in '76, stopped living together and such, they remained very much at least some sort of an item (albeit on and off, probably moreso off the later we go) throughout the years, whether emotionally or physically. With that all culminating into the huge blow up in 1987.

And then of course, The Dance. Lots of options there.