View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
I would love a full band FM album. But if CM doesn't want to tour, what is the point (from SN point of view) to do a record? There is no money in it for her; no payoff. She can spend the time on her songs, her record and go tour and make the same amount of money. This is how she sees it.
Even if Stevie says that's how she sees it, I think the reality of Christine's participation, which seems like a "when pigs fly" kind of thing would change her mind quickly. Even if no one asked her, she would want to be in on the recording for the historic significance, if nothing else. That's the payoff that money can't buy. Leave her alone and she'll come home wagging her tail behind her.

But if it would NOT change her mind, that's just fine too. Obviously, Lindsey wants to do an album with Stevie above all else. But half a loaf is better than none. I would love to have a Christine, Lindsey, John and Mick album as a fan. Even if that's not Lindsey's first choice, under the FM banner, it would get his music more attention than a solo album would.

Would the fans be as interested without Stevie? No, but there would be a lot of interest none-the-less, especially since Christine has been gone for so long. That would generate a great deal of automatic PR for the project. I think the pairing could be as good if not greater than SYW was, based on some of the things Chris and Lindsey have done on their own respectively. Meanwhile, Stevie could work more with Dave or pursue other solo endeavors. That would work out perfectly.

Michele